With MaestroConference you can easily upload and play audio clips to your entire audience during a live conference. By using this tool creatively you can greatly enhance your attendees' experience - see the tips section below for some ideas.
Note: MaestroConference comes pre-loaded with some audio clips that you can use as sound effects or "cues". If you want to upload your own audio clips, you need to enable the Premium Custom Audio feature.
Uploading audio files to your audio clip library
- On the Conference Management page, go to the Advanced section
- Click Custom Audio from the menu on the left
- Click Add New then Upload Files
- Browse to the folder in your computer where your audio files are stored, select them and click Open (you can select multiple files)
- Uploaded files will appear in the Custom Audio Cues list
*Note: If an error is encountered, check the name of the audio file. It may be containing special characters such as an apostrophe (') or others which the system does not accept. In that case, rename the file without unnecessary special characters and try to upload again.
Managing your audio clip library
The audio clip library provides a convenient place to manage uploaded audio clips, which will be available in all your conferences. You can upload, rename, preview and delete audio clips.
- To rename a clip, place your mouse cursor over its name and click the pencil icon ()
- To preview a clip, click its play icon (). Click the red stop icon to stop the playback
- To delete a clip, click its trash can icon (), then click Delete in the confirmation window
Note: you cannot play audio clips into a live conference from the audio clip library, which is only used for uploading and organizing audio clips.
Playing audio clips during a live conference
- In the Conductor's Interface look for the Audio Cues control on the left of the screen
- Click on the Audio Cues dropdown and select the clip you want to play
- Click the yellow Play button ()
You can also use the Timer feature to automatically play an audio clip after a certain amount of time. Simply enter the time in minutes and seconds and click the yellow play button - the selected clip will play automatically after the elapsed time.
Tips on using audio clips creatively
- Ask one of your customers to record a spoken testimonial and play it back to your audience.
- Have difficult-to-reach guest speakers participate in your events by recording them and playing them back to your live audience.
- Create a nice atmosphere by playing back intro and outro music clips at the beginning and ending of your conference.
- Play short audio effects to signal or emphasize certain points or events during your conference.