Our Screen Sharing application has been rewritten from the ground up to offer better performance and ease of use for both the viewers and the person sharing the screen.
Note 1: To use the new Screen Sharing, you and your participants need to be logged in to the Social Webinar after calling in to the conference.
Note 2: The Mac version of the Screen Sharing app is still in development, so for now only Windows users will be able to share their screen; this however doesn't affect the "viewers" —anyone can view the screen being shared, regardless of the operating system they use.
Starting a Screen Sharing Session
1. To be well prepared and save time, make sure that you—and anyone who will be sharing their screen—download and install the Screen Sharing application before starting the conference.
2. In the Conference Management screen, go to the Social Webinar > Screen Sharing (new) section and copy the Session ID to your clipboard.
3. Open the Screen Sharing application and paste the Session ID in the Session ID box.
4. Alternatively, if you plan to have more than one person sharing their screen, enter your name in the name box, so you can later identify yourself on the list of people who are sharing (more on that later).
5. When the time comes, start your conference, on the Conference Management page click Conduct Now.
6. Once everyone has dialed in to the conference and are logged in to the Social Webinar, click View > Enable Screen Sharing (beta).
7. Go to the Screen Sharing application on your Windows desktop and click Start Sharing to start sharing your screen. After a few seconds, everyone will be able to see your screen.
Important note: remember that people will be able to see whatever is on your screen, so always remember to click Stop Sharing when you are done presenting.
Letting Other People Share Their Screen
Screen sharing is not limited to Admins, you can have anyone in your conference share their screen by having them install the Screen Sharing application and giving them the Session ID. To have other people in your conference share their screen, follow the steps below.
1. Copy the Screen Sharing download link and the Session ID, and send them (by email for example) to the people that will be sharing their screen. They can be either Hosts, Assistants or regular Paticipants.
2. Once in the conference and logged in to the Social Webinar, click the Settings toolbar button, and select Admin to open the Social Webinar Control Panel.
3. Once in the Control Panel, go to the Screen Sharing (new) tab.
4. Ask the person who will be sharing their screen to start sharing it (they will have to follow the steps described above in "Starting a Screen Sharing Session", i.e. downloading the Windows app, entering the Session ID, their name in the name box, and clicking "Start Sharing".).
5. Once they are sharing their screen, you will see their name and a small screen thumbnail in the "Who to broadcast" list. Simply select them on the list to start "broadcasting" their screen to the rest of the conference. To stop broadcasting their screen, click on them again in the list to deselect them.
Note: this powerful feature lets you have many people sharing their screen simultaneously, and you can choose "who to broadcast" to the rest of the conference, much like a live tv director.