MaestroConference provides several ways to register callers:
- Simple Self-Registration
- Self-Registration with custom data
- Manual Registration
- Batch Registration
- Automatic Registration with your CRM
- Embedding a registration widget on your website
- Using the API to register people
The self-registration link is where people register to your conference, you can simply e-mail this link to everyone. This will save you the effort of manually filling out names and email addresses, and registrants will receive an automatic email from us with their call-in info. The registration link is available in two places:
A) In the Conference Edit page select Quick Start > Setup
B) In the Important Links menu item of the Conference Edit page:
Self-Registration with custom data
If you have different types of registrants (e.g. beginner vs. advanced or male vs. female), you can send a different link to each type of registrant; and our system will automatically track them. As an example, consider that you have some students of various skill levels: beginner, intermediate and advanced. You can send each group a different registration link:
Which will mark each participant as either beginner, intermediate or advanced during the call. You can then group the advanced together, or “spread them out” so that each breakout group has 1 advanced student, for example.
You can have up to 2 custom registration data fields: custom1 and custom2.
If the self registration option seems too easy for you, you can always opt for the Herculean effort of manually generating and entering PINs. This allows you to guarantee that all of your participants will at least be registered. You can then export the list of callers (as a tab-delineated list) and send a batch email to them with their PINs.
You can upload an Excel spreadsheet with a list of registrants containing names and emails. Our system will automatically generate PINs for each, and let you choose to send registration confirmation emails to everyone. In the Conference Edit page, go to Callers & PINs, click Actions, Upload Registrants, then Upload From Spreadsheet:
The only requirement is that the spreadsheet contains the following columns:
All columns can be empty, except for name and email.
You can upload up to 5,000 registrants per batch.
Automatic Registration with your CRM
When people register for events, you want their name & email both in your CRM system and in MaestroConference so that they have a PIN. If your CRM supports custom thank-you pages and passing registration info in the URL to the thank-you page, you can automatically register people to your conference while adding them to your CRM database. Below are two examples using Keap (Infusionsoft) and Aweber.
Example 1: Keap (Infusionsoft)
- In Keap, create a Web Form or Order Form with fields of your choice (name and email address are mandatory for registration)
- In Thank-You page select Web address
- Check Redirect to thank-you page
- In URL paste the self-registration link of your conference
- Check Pass contact's information to the thank-you page
Then, when someone submits that form, the next page shows them the PIN - they don't have to enter their information twice.
Example 2: Aweber
The instructions below assume that you have already created a web form in Aweber. If not, they will still be helpful when you do create it, as they show you where the setting you are looking for is located. Read them carefully.
- Make sure you are logged in to your Aweber account
- Make sure the correct list is selected in the upper left of your Aweber dashboard
- Click on the Web Forms tab
- Click on the name of the web form you want to integrate with your MaestroConference event
- Click on #2, Settings
- Scroll down a bit and click on Show Advanced Settings
- Check the box that says Forward subscriber information to your thank you page
- Click Save Web Form
Embedding a registration widget in your website
Check our Custom Branding add-on to embed a registration widget on your website and enable other white label features like using your own logos and colors in registration pages and emails.
Using the API to register people
You can use our Conference Management API to register people to your conference.