For every event, there is one centralized main document which can be used by the callers to work collaboratively. The Text Editor feature allows all the callers in the main room or in breakout rooms to collaboratively edit a document shared with the entire call at the same time.
When the host switches the view to Text Editor, it will ask him to authenticate the Meeting's access to his account in Google Docs to create and/or update the documents in his own Google drive. All these will be available for viewing and sharing after the event.
Text Editor Main
This allows all participants in the Main room who are logged in to Meeting to contribute to the document once the host enables this view.
Text Editor Breakout
This gives breakout rooms their own collaborative documents to work on. They will only be able to access the ones that are in their own room.
To enable Text Editor Main/ Breakout (for hosts):
1. Click the View Icon
2. Select Enable Text Editor Main/ Enable Text Editor Breakout
1. Click the Settings Icon.
2. Select Admin.
3. Click the checbox on the left of Text Editor Main/ Text Editor Breakout view, or click the view labels and hit Activate.
Text Editor Main Text Editor Breakout
4. A pop-up box will appear to ask you to authenticate the Meeting's access to your account in Google Docs. Select the email address you want to use for authentication.
5. The view will be changed. Close the Control Panel box to proceed.
1. Go to MyAccount.
2. Select the conference
- for single events, click View across the conference name under Archive
- for ongoing recurring events, click the Edit button or the title of the call under Scheduled/ Reservationless
3. Select Meeting Settings > General.
4. Scroll down to reach the Archived Text Documents section. This contains all the documents created in main and breakout rooms.
*The documents are available in this section right after the conference ends. It will show the titles of the documents labeled according to where they were created by default but these document titles can be changed during the event, while people are collaborating. If Text Editor views were used in recurring events, this page will show all the documents used, sorted from the most recent conference date.