This document explains the latest update and enhancements to MaestroConference’s Conductor Interface in the Meeting. (NOTE: as of May 2021, we have rebranded the “Social Webinar” as, simply, the “Meeting”; we will no longer refer to “Social Webinar” going forward.)
If you’d like to walk through the new Conductor Interface with one of our team members, we welcome you to register for a free training session here.
In the prior version of the Conductor Interface, when conducting a call, you as the host would have to open a second tab to use the Conductor Interface in order to see who is in the call and manage participants.
And as a host or a presenter, you most likely have A LOT going on during the call. So having a separate tab open to manage your participants is less than ideal because you would have to toggle between two separate tabs- one for the Conductor Interface and another for actually being present in the meeting.
We heard your feedback and (many) requests for managing your events in just one tab- and we’ve listened.
With this newest update, you are now able to manage the Conductor Interface and host/lead your event in the same, single tab. No more extra tabs (unless you want it that way) and no more waiting for the Conductor Interface tab to open before starting your event- the Conductor Interface now opens directly within your Meeting (fka “Social Webinar”).
Here is a short video walking you through the new Conductor Interface in the Meeting:
How to open and use the new Conductor Interface directly within the Meeting
- Step 1: From your Reminder email - click on “Join Event”, which launches the Meeting page (fka the “Social Webinar”). You're now in the meeting - you'll see your webcam and those of your participants.
- Step 2: Once connected to the Meeting, you will see “Conductor” in the upper right corner; click “Conductor” and the Conductor Interface will open directly within the Meeting.
That’s it! You’re now in the meeting with your participants AND able to use the Conductor Interface to manage your participants (e.g. put them in breakouts, see who’s raising their hand, etc.).
Notes on how the new Conductor Interface works:
- Everything that you were able to do in the standalone Conductor Interface, you can still do in the new Conductor Interface within the Meeting.
- You can simultaneously open the Conductor Interface directly within your Meeting AND have the standalone Conductor Interface open in a second tab at the same time. You will notice that whatever action you do in one will also reflect in the other.
This is how your Conductor Interface will look when you open within the Meeting:
On the upper right corner there are 3 action buttons
1. will close the Conductor Interface in your Meeting
2. will open the Conductor Interface in a separate new tab
3. will dock the Conductor Interface to the right side of your
- The Arrow (circled in black below) will collapse the Conductor Interface to the right side of your screen so that you can see the participants; clicking the arrow again will reopen the Conductor Interface.
- The CI will not take up the entire screen when the Arrow is clicked. You will still be able to see the participants’ names. And if you want to see the hand raise or create breakouts, audio settings and Staff chat (which are located in the left part of the regular conductor interface) then you have to click on the Blue Box with 3 white lines.
- If you’re still getting used to the new Conductor Interface in the Meeting, you can also use your mouse to drag the border of the CI to the left and resize it to half screen or full screen.