Show everyone a video, play music for your audience, watch/pause/stop a recording for your participants with YouTube View.
You can now watch videos with your participants at the same time - and control what they see when, so you can talk about the video in the middle of it and they won’t get lost. By default, only staff will have the permissions to control the YouTube video, but you can also give people the option to be able to control viewing it on their own.
The controls include Play, Pause, Forward, Rewind and Mute / Unmute options.- and control what they see when, so you can talk about the video in the middle of it and they won’t get lost.
To activate YouTube view:
1. From the Meeting toolbar, click the View icon, then the gear icon across Enable YouTube view.
The Control Panel box will appear.
2. Copy the YouTube link you want to play in the Meeting and paste it on the YouTube Video Address field.
3. Choose which mode you want to play the video on.
Modes when activating YouTube view in the Meeting:
- Synced Mode - You (or other admins) control pause/play/location for all viewers.
- Unsynced Mode - Viewers control their own playback; no notice shows on the host’s screen unlike in Synced mode as shown above
4. Click Apply Changes, then hit the Activate button.
- Only use full YouTube URLs, short "share" links don't work.
- YouTube view still doesn’t work on phone- audio and video don’t come through on mobile.
- To eliminate echo, make sure that everyone is on Mute.