The New Social Webinar (version 2.0) adds a whole new dimension to Social Conferencing. Social Webinar allows participants to engage on a more personal level. It allows hosts to control what they want their participants to view. The presenter can let their participants view breakout groups, go to a website, view poll statistics, watch a screenshare, view all participants on the call, and edit documents collaboratively.
This feature is still in beta and will change significantly over the next month as we integrate it with our main conductor's interface, and add additional features. We are asking for initial feedback from just a few customers to see if we are on the right track, and to hear about bugs you encounter.
Please subscribe to this topic, to get updates whenever new updates are made.
If you still have questions, we’re hosting an in-depth Study Group on Fridays at 11 am PST.
You can also attend a Customer Success Clinic especially if you’re learning the basics of the system.
The Social Webinar has two components - you setting up the Participant View of your choice, and then what participants then see as a result.
To get started, on the View/Edit page of your conference, scroll to the Participant Web Experience Section and select Social Webinar. Click on Save Changes.
To Access the Social Webinar:
- Dial in to the conference.
- To launch the Social Webinar,
- Participants have to simply click the link in their confirmation and reminder email. It will automatically launch the Social Webinar.
- Hosts can either: go to this URL manually: http://social.maestroconference.com or click on "Login to SW" right next to their name on the View/Edit page of the conference, under the Callers and PINs section.
3. Participants are automatically logged in. Hosts need to enter the Conductor Interface Link on the Staff Authentication box. The Conductor Link is found on the View/Edit page of the conference, under the Advanced Settings section. Host can also get this from the address bar of the Conductor Interface if it's already open.
If the Host is logged in to myaccount and accessed the conference using the Auto-login link on the same browser window used for myaccount, he does not need to verify the Conductor Link.
Note: Please make sure that you are dialed in to the conference first before logging in to the Social Webinar; otherwise, you will get the error "Invalid Email or PIN".
Caller's profile can be updated during the Social Webinar session. To access the Profile Creation window,
1. go to Settings
2. click on "My Profile". Please fill in the required fields on this page. You also have the option to link your Social Webinar profile with your Facebook, Twitter, Google and LinkedIn accounts.
The Social Webinar Admin Tabs
- View - This contains the different Social Webinar Views
- Action - This is the place where you can "Suggest a Tweet" or enter a "Text Announcement".
3. Permissions - This is where you can set the caller limitations on the different views and capabilities.
To gain access and control the Social Webinar, the Presenter will have to Log in in the Staff Authentication window using the Conductor Link.
To get the Conductor Link:
- Click on "Conduct" on the View/Edit page of the conference in myaccount.
- Go to the address bar and copy the website's address. This is the Conductor Link.
There are two ways to activate the different views:
- by clicking on the ‘Tick Box’ on the left side of each View name (unless the View requires some settings before it can be activated like the YouTube View)
- by clicking on ‘Activate this View’ button (If the View is already activated, this button is disabled)
You can manage the Social Webinar by clicking on Settings and then Control Panel. This is where you can manage what the participants will see on their end. The different types of views are the following:
- Breakout View
- Idea Board
- Poll View
- Interactive Browser
- Screen Sharing
- Text Editor Main
- Text Editor Breakout
- Youtube View
Once you select a Social Webinar View, the Social Webinar page on the participants' end will automatically load with the new selected View.
On the Social Webinar Control Panel, you'll find the option to enable the callers to move into different breakout groups. There are three settings for moving into breakout groups which you can set in the Permissions tab:
- Everyone - This will allow all the callers the ability to move into different breakout groups.
- Staff - Only the Presenters, Co-Presenters and Assistants will be able to move into breakout groups.
- No One - No one will be able to move themselves into breakout groups.
When the host selects the Breakout View on the Social Webinar Control Panel, participants will be able to view who are in the same breakout group as them.
To move into different breakout groups, click on Change Breakout and select the group number you wish to move into. When No One is selected, the option Change Breakout will not appear at the top.
Create Breakout Room
Admin (Presenters and Assistants) may also add a new Breakout Room through the Social Webinar.
To create a Breakout room:
1. click on the plus sign (+) right next to "Main" on the upper right-hand corner of the Social Webinar.
2. type the Breakout Name and click on Create.
Rename Breakouts from the Breakout View
If you want people to be able to self-select to have discussions about topics they care about, they can rename their breakout groups from “Group #1” to something like “Environmentalism” or “Marketing” or whatever topic they like.
You have to enable this in the Permissions tab, and you can limit who can rename breakouts to be Admin only, Staff, or Everyone..
To rename the Breakout room, from the Breakout View:
Click on the Edit (pencil) icon right next to the Breakout Room name
Press Enter to Save.
Talking Lights for my Breakout
When callers are on the Main Document View, the Text Editor will show the following:
- All callers within the same Breakout Room and on the Main Document will be displayed first; below it
- All callers who are on the Main Document, but not in the same Breakout as the Caller.
Please note that:
This order will be displayed irrespective of the callers' role, whether they're Presenters/Assistants or Participants
The Presenter/Assistant who are on mute will not be displayed on the right panel
A green box around a caller's name will signify that these callers are currently talking
The Talking Lights feature of callers who has the Local Mic on will only be available to those callers who are in the same breakout room as them; those who has the Public mic on will also show the Talking Lights for all callers regardless of whether they're in the same breakout room or not.
The Poll Statistics view will enable the Participants to see the poll data captured during the call.
Presenters may conduct straw polls by asking the participants to raise (or lower down) their hands. For Participants to view the Poll data, go to the Social Webinar Control Panel and select Poll View.
Presenters can conduct straw polls by asking participants to raise (or lower) their hands. The Poll Statistics view will enable your participants to see the poll data captured during the call.
The Poll View has two options which can be changed anytime during the conference even if the Poll View is already activate:
1. % of Everyone
2. % of raised hands
To activate this view, you can either:
1. Check the box on the left side of Poll View; or
2. Click the "Activate this view" button
Co-browsing takes the Social Conferencing experience into a new level by allowing your participants to look at a website together.
To look at a website with your participants, you (as a host) can type the websites address on the box labeled "Interactive Browser URL" and click on the arrow (->). The host can either click on the check box right before "Interactive Browser" or click on the "Activate this View" button to set the view.
If the Interactive Browser view is already activate and the host wants to change the Interactive Browser URL, you can still do that by entering the new URL and pressing the -> button on the right of the text field.
If you don’t specify theURL, then www.maestroconference.com will be the default Interactive browser link.
PARTICIPANTS WILL SEE
*Website shown on example is Wikipedia
Note: The URL can be seen in a pop-up window when the Presenter sends it. Participants need to ensure that their pop-up window is enabled. If they're having trouble viewing the pop-up window, they will see a link which they can click on to view the website.
The Screenshare View will show the Presenter URL, the Co-Presenter URL and the Viewer URL which the host can easily copy and share with the callers. Please note that there can only be one Presenter who can use the Presenter URL.
To get started with screen sharing, you may either (1) click on Launch The Presenter from your conference page (see Screenshare) or (2) you may copy the Screenshare link/s from the Social Webinar Admin and paste it on the address bar of a browser. Select Screensharing from the Social Webinar Control Panel and save changes.
Clicking the Screenshare View will open the Screenshare directly in the Social Webinar environment. Your callers do not need to open multiple windows in order to access both the Social Webinar and the Screenshare feature.
Note: To learn more about Screenshare and how it works, please click here.
For every event, there is one centralized main document which can be used by the callers to work collaboratively. This feature allows all the callers in the main room or in breakout rooms to collaboratively edit a document shared with the entire call. Text Editor Breakout allows collaborative editing by people in their own specific breakout rooms. Each room will have it's own document.
The Text Editor Breakout View is separate from the Text Editor Main view.
UPDATE: (January 2017)
We have switched our Text viewer/editor to Google Docs. When the host switches the view to Text Editor, it will ask him to authenticate the Social Webinar's access to his account in Google Docs to create and/or update the documents in his own Googl drive.
Add Text to Breakout Documents
Presenters and Assistants can now add a custom text to the Breakout Documents and they can now select the location where want to see the text; whether they want it at the top or at the bottom of the document.
- There is currently no limit to the number of characters that can be entered.
- Presenters and Assistants can copy a text from the Main Document and paste it in the "Add Text to Breakout Document" box for the text to appear in all Breakout Documents.
- The "Add Text to Breakout Document" box allows multi-line texts with normal formatting
- The text added to this field will be visible to all Breakout Documents that are running during the conference regardless of which View is currently selected.
Text Editor Breakout
To activate this view, you can either:
1. Click the checkbox on the left side of Text Editor Breakout View or
2. Click the "Activate this view" button
You can add a text to the document on the box, "Add Text to Document" and you can choose whether you want your callers to see it at the top of the document or at the bottom. Click on "Add Text" so callers will start seeing the text on their end.
*New Feature* Documents available in the View/Edit page
After the conference, the Documents will be available in the View/Edit page of the conference in myaccount, under the Social Webinar section.
Callers have the option to chat with the host or everyone during the conference.
Your participants can also chat with the group of people who are in the same breakout room as them. When inside a Breakout room, the callers will see a “Breakout” chat window. The “Breakout” chat window is only visible to the people who are in the same breakout room; it will not be visible when a caller is in the Main Room.
The Green Room and Entryway will be treated as Breakout rooms and will have a breakout chat window for callers inside these rooms. Invisible staff member cannot send chat messages to Breakout message.
To enable Breakout Chat for your participants:
Go to the Social Webinar Control Panel.
Click on Permissions.
Select the permission for Show Breakout Chat Window.
Large Group Chat (Everyone to Everyone)
Want to enable your participants to share URLs or other text with the group? Enable Large Group Chat, and you’re all set!
Callers using Social Webinar can now see a new chat window to “Everyone’ on the right of the “Host” chat window. Callers can type a message on this window and it will be visible to everyone on the conference.
NOTE: Callers cannot close the chat window; they can only minimize it. If a person joins an event late, he or she will still be able to see the chat messages in the chat window to “Everyone”.
No matter where your participants are in Social Webinar- if they’re watching a YouTube video together, sending a tweet together, or collaborating on a document, etc. - Large Group Chat window is available there, too.
For now, this feature cannot be turned off while the event is happening. We’re working on the permission settings for you as a host to turn Large Group Chat off if you don’t want to use it, though.
Callers can now submit their feedback up to 72 hours after the event has ended.
You can now watch videos with your participants at the same time - and control what they see when, so you can talk about the video in the middle of it and they won’t get lost. By default, only staff will have the permissions to control the YouTube video, but you can also give people the option to be able to control viewing it on their own.
The controls include Play, Pause, Forward, Rewind and Mute / Unmute options.
To play a YouTube video in Social Webinar:
1. Click on Settings.
2. Click on Control Panel.
3. Set the Active View to Youtube View.
4. Paste the Youtube Link on the box Youtube Link.
5. Select the Youtube mode: Unsynced View or Synced View
6. Click Save Changes.
The callers will see the Youtube video once it's active, like this:
Want to spread the word about a topic and get your participants to take action - while they’re on the call?
Here’s how you can build momentum with Suggested Tweets:
Open the Control Panel in Social Webinar.
Type your suggested Tweet on the box at the bottom of the Control Panel.
3. Click on Save Changes.
4. The host will see a box where they can press on Edit and Post Tweet.
IMPORTANT: Once you leave the Control Panel, the tweet message will NOT be saved. So if you want to come back and send the same tweet again, we suggest you make a note in a document on your computer, a Google doc, etc.
Rather than just seeing a list of numbers for a poll, you can now see what people are thinking about a topic - as a pie chart.
Want to draw knowledge from every person on your event? You can crowd-source ideas for discussion using the Idea Board View in Social Webinar. Participants can submit their ideas for topics of discussion. Once an idea is submitted, other participants can vote for (or against) an idea. The most popular suggestions move to the top of the list. The list of ideas can also be sorted by how recently it was submitted, randomly, or by title.
As a host, you can:
- Create and rename ideas for people to vote on
- See other’s ideas, and edit or delete posts by other callers
- Hide or display names of callers alongside their submitted ideas
- Set the voting options
- Download ideas submitted into a .csv file any time during the event.
It’s a good idea to do this before you clear the board to vote on another topic.
- Clear the name of the idea board at anytime during the event.
Here’s what an Idea Board looks like:
To set up an Idea Board,
- Go to the Idea Board View in the Social Webinar Control Panel (Settings->Control Panel->Idea Board)
2. Create the Idea Board:
a. Enter the Board Title
b. Choose the Voting Option.
No Voting - No voting is allowed
Like - People can up-vote any item (once only) and cannot down-vote
Up or Down - People can up-vote or down-vote
Limited Ups - People can up-vote only and limit the total number of votes
3. Select your preferences:
a. "Show tabs" (check the tick box to enable)
You can arrange the tabs based on tab: Most Voted, Mine, Newest, Random and Alphabetical.
b. "Show Breakout tab" - users will see the list of callers on the righ-hand side that are in the same breakout room as them
c. "Allow New Ideas" - let other users enter ideas in Social Webinar
d. "People can see other's ideas" - when enabled, users can view the ideas/suggestion created by other users
e. "Show names of those who submitted ideas" - you have the option to keep the identity of the users who submitted an idea anonymous or you can make it public by enabling this option
4. Click "Apply Changes".
5. Click "Activate this View" so users can start viewing the Idea Board.
6. If you see the message, "Please create an Idea Board First", click on "Accept".
After the event, Idea Boards become read-only - so people can see the ideas that were generated during an event. They can see vote counts as well the name of the caller who created that idea, but they will no longer be able to vote or submit new ideas after the event. Here’s an example of what the read-only mode looks like after the event:
You can see and download the Idea Board through the Control Panel and the Social Webinar section of the Conference View / Edit page:
Social Webinar Control Panel
View/Edit Page, Social Webinar section
The downloaded file will look like this:
Is someone on your call less comfortable with technology? You can now give that person a Social Webinar login link that’s just for them that will enable the participant to easily join the Social Webinar.
To get the “Auto-Login” link:
Make sure you’re logged in to MyAccount
Go to the Conference View/Edit page
Scroll down to the Callers and PINs section.
Right-click on the link "Login to SW" in the with the caller's name and click on Copy.
- Share this with your participants by pasting it on an Instant Message or Email.
There are also two ways to manually share the Social Webinar link to your callers:
Copy the link directly from the View/Edit page and paste it on an instant message or email, like this:
2) In the Callers and PINs section, click “Download Registrants” and then look for the Auto Login link for a participant in the downloaded file:
Make sure your participants don’t forget a discussion topic, no matter what view they see. The Host Announcement is now locked at the top of every view in Social Webinar.
For example, in Interactive Browser view:
This means that the latest post from the host will always be “top of mind” for your participants, so they’ll stay clued in to what’s going on during your event.
And that is all for now. Updates will be made from time to time, to correct bugs and add features. Please do not forget that this is a feature in beta development. We hope you like it!
Table Of Contents
Please sign in to leave a comment.